Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the weekend and class

Hola!
This weekend was a blast! We had lots of fun at the International Art Festival and on Sunday my host parents took me and Deanna to Cartago. First we went to eat at this really cool little place, I don't remember the name but it had an AMAZING view (pics are on facebook check them out!) Then we went to the town of Cartago which is famous for it's huge church which was beautiful. Then they bought us ice cream at this little homemade ice cream shop there. It was sour cream and strawberry which they're known for and it was surprisingly delicious!
Tomorrow I have my last presentation for this Spanish class, which is telling how to make something! My host mom and the maid picked picadillos de chayote for me to make. I went and bought the ingredients and was excited about making it but figured we'd make it after supper because I have to take it to school tomorrow. When I was finished eating supper, Mari (the maid) told me to come to the kitchen and to my surprise she already had it made. I was a little upset because I couldn't figure out how to explain to her that I was supposed to make it, or at least help! She had my host mom explain the recipe to me because I had to write it using commands and now it's made and I didn't have to do a thing.
I feel so lazy I never get to do anything and all they do is feed me. I've ate so much in the last couple days I think I'm going to explode. I haven't really even needed to eat lunch all week because I'm never hungry. They just keep shoving food at me and then when we think we can't possibly eat anymore they bring out a surprise dessert! It's a bit ridiculous but I now understand why the entire family is so huge. Especially my host mom, all she does is eat, sleep, and sit in her chair. Don't get me wrong though, they're very nice and generous people.
Hasta luego,
Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment