Thursday, March 25, 2010

I hate ATMs

Hola!
I'm posting a quick update to let you guys know that there won't be any updates for the next 10 days or so. Tomorrow after class we're leaving because it's the start of Semana Santa (Holy Week) The whole town of San Jose virtually shuts down I guess and everyone travels so our program arranged a trip for us! We'll be going to two beaches on the Caribbean side, coming back and spending a night at our homestay then going to two beaches on the Pacific side! We'll get to see monkeys and learn to surf and snorkel and all sorts of fun stuff! Expect lots and lots of pictures to be up the first week of April!
As to the title of this post, I really do hate ATMs!
They have an ATM not too far away that's part of a bank, but I hate to use it because it's just like this little booth off the side of the street clearly marked that's it an ATM. I feel like when I walk out of it I'm putting a target on my back saying "Rob me I have my credit card and a bunch of cash!" I figured out a solution to this problem, there's an ATM at the school. Well today the ATM at the school worked perfectly well for Kathleen then told me "Insufficient Funds, would you like to continue?" Knowing I had plenty in my account to cover it I was confused and hit no. We think maybe the machine had insufficient funds, but I had to go to the scary ATM which wouldn't give me as much as I wanted but at least now I have cash for the week! I'm going to try to use the one at the school again tomorrow before we leave, maybe it'll work better because I won't be getting very much. I'm just scared of running out of money while we're gone! It's a very unlikely possibility, but you never know! :)
Anyway, now I should probably review for my final in my Spanish class tomorrow!
Hasta luego,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment