Friday, March 19, 2010

Amusement Park & Festival of International Art

Hola!
Today was an amazing day! First of all, for class we got to go to the Amusement Park! Well we got to go to the antique village at the amusement park and do a scavenger hunt for stuff about the country but my class got to go with the other classes so I had Holly, Emily, and Yolanda in my group! After we finished we had a little time left and Holly and I really wanted to ride the roller coaster, we had twenty minutes so we figured we had time. We got all the way on the ride and they asked for tickets, which of course we didn't have so we ran to the front, got tickets (it's like the carnival you get a wristband or tickets per ride) and got to ride it just in time! It was pretty cool and had a couple of upside down loops but was really short!
Afterwards, I came home to find that I now have internet at my homestay! After lunch, Emily, Holly, Yolanda, Deanna, and I went to FIA (Festival of International Arts) and met up with Holly's tico friends! Her friend Andrea (who speaks English) helped us take the bus there and showed us around the park called Sabana which is Costa Rica's largest park and also where the festival is at! We got to see a lot of cool performers, including Romeo and Juliet in Spanish/Italian (we couldn't understand but figured out it was Romeo and Juliet) but the cool part was for most of the play the performers were on really tall stilts and dancing and running and everything! There was also a concert which we sat by a tree and listened too, there were so many people we couldn't see but we had fun talking! I mostly listened but Holly's tico friends like to joke around and we had a lot of fun.
At the festival, I had my first churro and it was really good but the I have discovered the best ice cream treat in the world! They take a pineapple, cut the top off and hollow it out and fill the bottom with pineapple chunks and banana chunks and then put a scoop each of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream and then chocolate and whip cream and a little umbrella sticking out of the pineapple! It was AMAZING! Pictures will be posted as soon as I get them from Emily!
Anyway, I'm going to bed now and I do not have to be anywhere at 8 tomorrow so I can sleep in for the first time in 3 weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment