Friday, May 21, 2010

Earthquake

Ok, so as some of you have probably already heard from the form of my facebook status or mom's (which apparently caused a bit of a panic back in Robinson) there was an earthquake here yesterday! I was laying on my bed on my computer and my bed started moving, at first it felt like there was someone underneath my bed trying to scare me then I realized my clothes were swinging back and forth in the closet!
It wasn't near as bad as the one that woke me up in the middle of the night in Illinois a couple of years back, and it didn't scare me at all! My host family freaked out though, Kathleen didn't even feel it! Everyone made a huge deal out of it but I thought they were being kinda silly!
Turns out it hit off the pacific cost of Costa Rica and was actually a 6.3 quake! We only felt slight shaking though and as far as I've heard it didn't cause any damage or anything, so no need to worry, I'm just fine!

Tonight we're going to watch a contemporary ballet of The Little Mermaid at Teatro Nacional! I'm really excited and I'll tell you guys all about it soon!

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment